Electro magnetic flow meter | Working principle and Construction | Advantages and Disadvantages | Limitations | Diagram
1) Explain with neat sketch electro magnetic flow metre.
2) What is function of electro magnetic flow meter.
3) What are the advantages of electro magnetic flow meter.
4) What are the disadvantages / Limitations of electro magnetic flow meter.
5) Draw diagram of Electro magnetic flow meter.
Here, Guys we can learn about electro magnetic flow meter, like Working principle of electro magnetic flow meter, Construction of Electromagnetic flow meter, Advantages of Electro magnetic flow meter, Disadvantages/ Limitations of Electro magnetic flow meter, diagram, etc. Now without wasting time learn about electro magnetic flow meter. 👇👇👇👇
Electro magnetic flow meter :
Working principle and Construction of electro magnetic flow
Fig. Working principle of the electro magnetic flow metre.
1) It depends for its operation on measuring the electric currents or voltages generated when a conducting fluid flows through an applied magnetic field.
2) The flow of a conductive liquid through a non-metallic pipe located in the air gap of the core of an electro- magnetic system.
3) The motion of fluid relative to the field generates an induced emf and its, magnitude depends on the strength of the magnetic field and the fluid velocity.
4) Faraday’s law :
Faraday’s law states that whenever conductor moves through magnetic field an emf is induced in the conductor which is proportional to the relative velocity.
E = BLV × 10^-8
here E = induced emf
B = magnetic flux
d or L = length of conductor
V = velocity of the conductor.
The volume rate is given by,
Q = A×V
That is the volume flow rate is directly proportional to induced emf as long as the flux density remains constant.
Fig. Schematic of an election magnetic flow meter.
Advantages of electro magnetic flow meter :
1) There is no obstruction to flow.
2) It can handle slurries, greasy materials and liquid containing suspended matter.
3) It has high accuracy and reliability.
4) They can measure reverse flows and are insensitive to viscosity, density, and flow disturbances.
5) Electro- magnetic flowmeters can rapidly respond to flow changes and they are linear devices for a wide range of measurements.
Disadvantages / Limitations of electro magnetic flow meter :
1) Relatively expensive.
2) Works on only with fluids, which are Electrical- conductors.
3) It is relatively- heavy.
Thanks for reading this article, You have any questions about this article say that in the description. You will get answers within a day.