Transducer | Classification of transducer | Types of transducer | Information about transducer
Hello friends, today in my this Post I will tell you about the classification of Transducer, types of transducer and a lot of information about that. So let’s start….!
Classification of Transducers based on the Nature of Operation of the Transducer :
1) Transducer is a device which converts the parameter to be measured into a proportional quantity which can be indicator. directly read using an indicator.
2) Classification of transducers based on the nature of operation of the transducer. Transducers are classified based on the transduction principle i.e. nature . of operation of the transducer as following :
Classification and types of transducer :
1) Resistance transducer.
2) Capacitive transducer.
3) Inductive transducer.
4) Reluctive transducer.
5) Strain gauge transducer.
6) Photoelectric transducer.
7) Potentiometric transducer.
8) Piezoelectric transducer.
Some information about types of transducer :
1) Resistance transducer : Here, the transducer converts the measurand into a change of resistance.
2) Capacitive transducer : In this, the quantity to be measured is converted into a change of capacitance by either changing the dielectric or area of the plates of capacitor.
3) Inductive transducer : The quantity to be measured is converted into a change of the self inductance of a single coil.
4) Reluctive transducer : The measurand is converted into on A.C. voltage change by a change in the reluctance path between two or more coil.
5) Strain gauge transducer : It is a special version of the resistive transducer. In this case, the measurand is converted into a resistance change, due to strain.
6) Photoelectric transducer : Photoelectric quantity under measurement is gets converted into a change in the electric signal generated when a junction between certain dissimilar materials is exposed to light,
7) Potentiometric transducer : The measurand is converted into a change in the position of the wiper arm on a resistance element:
8) Piezoelectric transducer : Certain solid materials (crystals) when deformed generate electric charges within them, is effect is reversible; i.e., if a charge is applied, then material mechanically deforms. This type of transducer uses this principle.
So, this is all about this Post and I hope that every single line in this Post is understandable to you. If you liked this Post then please share among your friends.